I'm a Husband.
An Uncle (the funny one, according to my nieces and nephews)
I really love animals...especially dogs. And kids.
Work-wise, I own Franchise Selection Specialists Inc. My late father started the company back in 1990-under a different name.
I'm known as The Franchise King.®
What I Do
1. I'm a franchise ownership advisor.
I work one-on-one with people who are exploring franchise ownership I teach them and coach them on how to choose, research, and buy the right ones for them.
Check out my comprehensive article on how to buy a franchise.
2. I own and operate Franchise Business University.com
3 . I work with a select group of franchisors in a marketing capacity. I help them find qualified franchise ownership candidates.
I create powerful articles designed to create interest in my client's opportunities. Then, I spread them around the internet through the numerous websites i own and through my social media channels. Sample
“Joel knows his stuff and manages to be everywhere at the same time. I’m still trying to figure out how that is possible. His work is second-to-none and he is a great guy to know. I highly recommended for everything except maybe becoming a professional athlete.”
– David Garland, President and CEO, The Rise To The Top℠
4. I'm also the author of a hardcover book on franchise ownership.
5. I wrote several eBooks on franchise ownership, too. Look.
I've also written over 1500 articles on franchising, small business, and innovation. Look below to see where I contribute articles regularly.
- SBA.gov- The US Small Business Administration's website. You can find the numerous articles that I've written for them in the Community section. Join me there!
- Small Business Trends- I'm the "Franchise Expert in Residence" at this award-winning and highly influential business website. You can subscribe to my monthly articles there.
I've also been a contributor on several other websites including, The New York Times, CNBC.com, The Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Open Forum, CarolRoth.com, Up and Running, Small Biz Daily, Franchise-Chat, Franchise Direct, and more.
In addition to my writing, I'm frequently called upon by national publications for my franchise expertise, and franchise advice. Check out my Press Page.